Birds are chirping, there is a warm breeze in the air, the sun is burning brightly in the sky, and Susan Alt has been chosen as the customer of the month!
Susan, the loving and proud mother of a very adorable 12yr. old daughter, has been working at Spartanburg Community College for the past 8 years and is currently pursuing a B.A. in Business Administration.
Being the noble person she is, Susan has shared a few tips that can help other buyers gain the same level of success that she has seen throughout her career.
1. Be willing to try new products suggested by your sales consultant.
2. Offer cases that students can keep their things in (i.e. flash drive cases), because students really like those.
3. If you, as a buyer, do not like a product, buy it! Students like ugly things, for example; things with skeletons and graffiti. *Everyone has different taste, etc.
4. (Regarding displays) Susan likes to put displays in corners because they make dead corners come alive and it draws students to different parts of the store. *Susan’s store puts glass displays, fitted with electronics, bags, ear buds, etc., around campus as marketing tools.
5. Use your reward points! Spartanburg earned a mini computer and for the first time, they will be doing a raffle in their bookstore with it! *They will allow anyone who purchases books in their store to enter the raffle.
For being such a lovely person and a loyal partner to HPI International, we are gifting Susan with a box of delicious chocolate covered strawberries!